Filed under Student Life

Pretty preparations

Chanhassen students make a day out of the Homecoming dance with preparations and festivities after.

Abby Steffen (10) and friends pose before heading to homecoming.

On Friday, October 15th, students were decked out in class colors for the Homecoming football game, but Saturday was full of makeup and hairspray for the big Homecoming night.

Students spent the day preparing for a “Back to the Future” themed Homecoming dance that many students have been looking forward to since the first day of school.

For her first Homecoming, Maddie Welton (9) had her mom do her Homecoming hair and makeup. After getting all dolled up, Welton and her friends went to Fireman’s Park for pictures and Brindisi’s pub for dinner because they have a “cool upstairs attic place where they seat people” Welton said. Since Welton and her crew are only freshman, they have parent drivers.

Though Mikayla Talley is a senior, this Homecoming will be her first as well. Talley is planning on having most of her group to her house to prepare. “The group coming to my house is eight girls and one guy, the girls will help each other with hair and makeup and the one boy will probably just sit on his phone,” Talley said. Talley went to homecoming with a group of her friends, who all went to Lake Ann for pictures and to Applebee’s for dinner before the dance. Talley and her friends carpooled to make it to Homecoming. Her afterparty plan is to go home and sleep to wake up the next morning for work.

Abby Steffen (10) has been to Homecoming both her years of high school. Steffen got her nails done the day of the dance and did her own hair and makeup. Steffen’s group consisted of some boys and some girls, who all went to her friend’s house for pictures and Hazelwood for their Homecoming dinner. After Homecoming, Steffen and her group of friends went to a bonfire.