Face of the Storm – Ally Janes

“I love to act because I get to create a character and be something I’m not,” Ally Janes (12)

Meet Ally Janes, a senior at Chanhassen High School who’s been actively involved in choir, theater, track and cross country throughout her high school career. She starred as the Leading Player in Chanhassen’s production of Pippin this year.

Since attending Chanhassen High School, Janes has been able to enjoy the comfort and support that comes from her friends on her many endeavors. Ally and her good friend Hayley Mans (12) have known each other for ages.

“She’s so fun, she’s so goofy and very theatrical which is so fun,” Mans (12)

“I started acting mostly in elementary school,” Janes (12)  says. Janes’ first role was a boy in her second grade performance of Stone Soup. From then on, she has played a wide range of roles including a grandpa to a demon in a church play.

Ally has built up quite a reputation for herself in the theater industry, from scoring herself the Leading Role in Pippin to making it into Chanhassen’s One Act Play, Ruby Moon. Ally has seen her fair share of different roles. When asked what the scariest part about acting was, Janes ironically told us, “Stage fright”.

Ally will be attending her number one school of choice, Bethel University, this fall.